Thursday 30 June 2016

Bubble Explosion for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


Leonie is launching her first range of embossing folders on Hochanda TV this evening and they're fab. They're from the 'Entwined' collection and are designed to go with the heart dies that were launched on 8th June. There are also more lovely co-ordinating stamps.

For my first card sample I used the 'Bubble Explosion' embossing folder.
I inked up the inside front of the embossing folder with distress inks


and spritzed a few times with a mini mister before running it through my machine with a 5x7" piece of Sheena's stamping card.


This gives colour in the debossed areas, leaving the raised part in white.


Next I stamped a few fish onto watercolour paper with Black Archival ink and coloured them in with Spiced Marmalade DI before cutting them out.


I added some Ripe Persimmon DI with a damp paintbrush to give a bit of depth


To go at the bottom of my sea/fish tank I added Versamark to some white card and sprinkled on Golden Sand embossing powder from Stampendous.



To make my seaweed I used the leaf parts of the large floral stamp from the 'Everlasting Love' set.
First I coloured up some thin gloss card with distress inks spritzed onto my craft mat


then stamped the leaves a few times over the top using Black Archival


I cut the leaves out layered them up at the bottom after adding my fish


For the front of the card I cut a circle aperture and fixed some acetate behind.
To add a bit of texture to the bottom I cut out some white card that I'd also embossed with the Bubble Explosion folder. An extra fish and some more seaweed finish it off.


Leonie has more shows on Hochanda tomorrow (Fri 1st July) at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm
and don't forget that my teamies have some fab samples to show you on their blogs.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Crafty Girls Creations  #22 Always Anything Goes
Southern Girls Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge I for Ink It Up
Creatalicious Challenges #94 - ANYTHING GOES with optional CAS
Not Just Cards  #33 Anything Goes (Always)  
Sisterhood of Crafters Create your own background

Thank you so much for stopping by,
Katrina x

13 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card katrina, I love it!!
Kevin xx

hollyberry said...

So many different techniques used to make an amazing card. Love it!

Jane Royston said...

Love this card Katrina! So clever especially the fish on the front and how it is swimming into the card, Jane :) X

Anne said...

I adore this card Katrina, so creative. Leonie picked a good team, you all did amazing samples but your work is right up my street and very inspirational.
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant Katrina, I love it x

Basslady said...

this is such a great project!live it!

thank you so much for playing along with us at Alphabet challenge!
Hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

BożenA said...

Wow! Beautiful card and amazing inspirations.
Hugs,
BożenA

Darlene said...

OMG this is just fabulous ... thanks for all the details! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Aileen said...

Beautiful creation.

Margaret said...

What a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious. Good luck. Maggie, DT

Jackie C said...

Fabulous!! Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Creatalicious. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ Creatalicious

Helen said...

Great card, Katrina - good to see how you put it together too.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Creations.

Helen x