Thursday 9 June 2016

Happy Forever for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


As promised, I am back with another card sample using Leonie's new 'Entwined' dies and stamps.

 The inspiration behind this one was a Venn diagram (a bit left field I know, but I used to be a computer programmer and they are one of the first things you learn). The idea is that where 'you' and 'me' join together we are 'happy'.

First I cut out two hearts with the 'Big Heart Base' die and overlapped them. 


Then I used tracing paper to outline where they overlapped and cut an aperture


There is a 'Be Happy' stamp in the 'From the Heart' stamp set and I could have masked the 'Be' off while I was stamping but the words are very close together and I thought this would be a bit of a faff so instead I very carefully cut in between the two words with some fine-pointed scissors


 (these next few pictures are step by step from a previous attempt but the technique is the same)

I drew horizontal lines over my paper with pencil to help get my wording stamped straight then I placed my tracing paper mask over the top and stamped 'Happy' a few times'


I then masked off everything apart from the inside of the left hand heart and stamped 'you' all over it (from the 'Folk Art Fun' set)




I repeated this process with the right hand heart and stamped 'me' all over it (this was from Leonie's last set of stamps)



I wasn't happy with my first/second cards, so this is how it looks on my 'third time lucky' attempt
(on a Raspberry Road paper)


I cut the hearts again in red card and glued them in place


I've stamped 'Forever'  from the 'Dizzy Daisy' stamp set in the corner

you + me = happy forever
Get it? :D

To make the hearts stand out I added some shadows with a grey pencil



If you missed Leonie's launch show last night you can see it on Hochanda's catch-up service for the next 2 weeks at http://hochanda.com/Cinema.aspx?tvId=7941&date=08-06-2016&time=20&watch=Leonie+One+Day+Special+Launch

  Leonie is on again at the moment (9 - 10 am), and has more shows at 12pm, 4pm and 7pm on Hochanda, and you can see lots more samples on my teamies' blogs

Nick - http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk
Jane - Isleofcraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk
Elaine - Cakecoffeecraft.blogspot.co.uk

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and encouragement, they mean a lot to me. I hope you can drop by again soon.
Katrina x

3 comments:

Anne said...

I love it Katrina, this is such a clever idea (and that paper is perfect!)
Anne x

Olga Fink said...

This is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing your techniques!
Xoxo Olga

Kat W said...

I'm blown away by how clever this idea is and also by how utterly gorgeous it looks on the finished card. It's a beautiful romantic design :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx