Thursday 21 July 2016

French maid for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


I thought I'd pop in to show you how I made the 'French maid' card that was on Leonie's last launch show. It's using the embossing folder called 'Dotty Heart'


When I first received the folder I embossing some thick white card with it, and thought how lovely it would look with lace. The idea for a French maid outfit came pretty shortly after :)

First I drew a little apron shape onto white card and cut it out.


After running it through the embossing folder I put some strong double-side tape around the edge.


I attached the lace around the edges, adding in little creases as I went


To hold the creases in place I added little blobs of Cosmic Shimmer glue and held the fold in place with a finger for 30-60 seconds to make sure it held. I added a long piece of lace along the top of the apron for tying around the 'waist' later on.


Once the apron was done I needed a little black outfit for it to go over.
The large heart stamp in the 'Make a Wish' stamp set has some lovely swirl detail and I thought this would make a nice decoration for the top (and obviously the shape is suggestive of a bustier)


I traced the shape onto some black card but once past the 'bust line' I went down to an imaginary waist.


Once the shape was cut out I inked up the top of the heart with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder (you could use clear but I've managed to get bits of white powder in mine so it didn't look very good)

The next step was to give my maid's outfit a 'feather duster'. I found a packet of pink feathers in my stash (I knew they would come in handy one day)


and I bound them together with some white florist tape


So here's my finished card.
I've just added a few paper flowers and sentiments from the fabulous Love Hearts set.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge 12 Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Make us smile
Creative Moments #97 Anything Goes
That's Crafty! Challenge Blog Feminine

Don't forget Leonie will be back on our screens tomorrow (Friday) at 8pm to launch a new One Day Special. Here's a little sneaky peek of what's coming up



You'll find another sneaky peek on my Facebook page, and I'll also be having a little giveaway on there at the weekend to celebrate the new launch.

If you're not on Facebook, don't worry about missing out. My 200th blog post is coming up very soon, so I'll be having another candy giveaway here on my blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by,
Katrina x

9 comments:

Fikreta said...

very nice!

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely card Thank you for sharing with us over here at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Susan DT for:-  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

sirkkis said...

Fun and beautifully made card.
Thank you for sharing with us at TioT.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Katrina
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Dianne DT for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

xx

froebelsternchen said...

That's a lovely project - unique! Thank you for joining us at
TRY IT ON TUESDAY
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

A fun card, its a great project, thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is such fun! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Love your French maid. Nicely illustrated on your blog too. Nice work.

Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Wanda said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing how you created the french maid apron. Very nice clear photos and details. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge